Forthcoming new IQ Option reviews book series
Human Perspectives in Bio-Medical Sciences and Technology
Editor: Marta Bertolaso, University Campus Bio-Medico of Rome, Italy
- publishes volumes that delve into the coevolution between technology, life sciences, and medicine
- focuses on the human, as a subject and object of research
- provides an editorial forum to present both scientists’ cutting-edge high-impact potentially disrupting Buy Alcoa shares proposals and thought-provoking theoretical reflections
Volumes in the series are characterized by:
- the dissemination of cutting-edge case studies and scientific excellence in bio-medicine and technology
- a focus on scientific practice as a human (and therefore ethical) endeavor, involving philosophy, epistemology and the human and social sciences
- new appraisals, perspectives and orientations for the readers to better understand and evaluate the technological and scientific advances of the Equifax shares contemporary world
We are being contacted for
Companies, institutions and organizations are contacting Bio-Techno-Practice to find concrete orientation tools for making sound decisions, coping with the uncertainty of scientific knowledge and with the complex socio-techno-scientific nature of contemporary problems.
Rooted in a rigorous epistemological appraisal of scientific practice, we work with stakeholders to improve validation and translational processes, especially when involving bio-medical and engineering sciences (examples are in silico clinical trials, biology of robust systems, synthetic systems biology, and knowledge automation).
With our network of scientists and researchers, we are able to set up teams for the development of statistics and experimental models for complex phenomena. By studying and spreading scientific reliability, we respond to the generalized need for new trust towards integrity of science.
The conjugation of philosophical and scientific knowledge with advanced contributions from the humanities allows Bio-Techno-Practice to develop a thick approach, rich of human dimensions including legal, ethical, cultural and social aspects.
We help our partners in understanding and developing an appropriate epistemological and methodological ‘way of thinking’ and daily research management that will help them navigating the new risk dynamics that characterize this particular moment of the history of science and society.
BTP is a Research Empowering Hub, aggregating and coordinating the work of top scholars on specific initiatives: international networking, strongly interdisciplinary workshops, and collective publications, with a high standard of academic scholarship and editorial profile (see the archives below and the ongoing intiatives above).
BTP relies on a renewed philosophy of science recognizing that many constitutive dimensions of the human understanding are simultaneously involved in scientific practice. And, conversely, that human practice shapes the directions of scientific investigation.
Such awareness converges with an urgency of new accounts of scientific practice: new ways of doing science are rapidly emerging, bringing together life sciences and technology, as well as other natural, human and social sciences.
To account for these new kinds of understanding that are emerging in our epoch out from a deep and generalized knowledge crisis, BTP proposes Bio, Techno and Practice as the triple interpretative lens.
BTP proceeds by identifying a sequence of crucial philosophical issues and questions that are emerging from science, and that inextricably connect Bio, Techno, and Practice, emphasizing their reciprocal differences and interdependencies.
The “hot topics” of science are decomposed and re-composed by means of a radically interdisciplinary methodology. Indeed, internationality and interdisciplinarity are natural and inescapable conditions for the BTP approach.
BTP also collaborates as a consultant and co-promoter of:
- higher training initiatives addressed to future scientists, intellectuals, professors (courses, summer schools, visiting fellowships etc.)
- home care initiatives, regarding both thecaregivers training and technological education, with a view of the home as an ‘evolving embodied habitat’
- educational activities on several relational aspects with technology and with the eco-socio-technological environment
- corporate counseling and training, where the question is on perspectives and new directions for investment and management
A map of BTP’s active collaborations will soon be available here.